Alfred and I travel as often as possible and it’s something we really enjoy doing. For us, there is nothing better than hopping on a plane and heading to a foreign place. There are plenty of reasons to love traveling. Seeing new places, meeting new people, trying new things, and learning about the world are just a few of the reasons we love it.
But sometimes people are so caught up in traveling to other places they forget to appreciate their own city and/or state. We live in Raleigh, North Carolina which is a mid-sized city in the southern US. The city has received tons of awards and recognition including:
–Best Restaurant in NC (Bida Manda)
-#1 #1 Among Best Cities for Men Who Want to Be Fit and Happy
– Men’s Health-#2 Among 2015 Quality of Life Index in N.C.
– LawnStarter-2015 Readers’ Choice Award – ConventionSouth
-2015 Platinum Choice Award
– Smart Meetings, December 2015-#5 Among Best Local Food Scene
– USA TODAY and 10Best’s Readers’ Choice
-#2 Among Top 10 Music Cities Other Than Nashville
– Music From The Row-#2 Among Best Large Cities to Live In
– WalletHub-Among the 20 Best State Fairs in America
– Vacations Made Easy
-#2 Among the Next Top 10 Cities for Tech Jobs
– Fast Company-Among Top 100 Cities on Twitter
– Encore Alert-#3 Among Best Cities to Work
– Economic Environment- WalletHub
-#10 Among Best Cities to Work
– Small Business Environment
– WalletHub-Sports Tourism Organization of the Year
– National Association of Sports Commissions
-#1 Among Mid-Sized American Cities of the Future
– The Financial Times-Among 2015 Award of Excellence Winners
– Corporate & Incentive Travel-#2 Among the Cities Creating The Most Tech Jobs
– Forbes-Among Five LGBT Travel Picks for 2015
– Metro Weekly
And the list really does go on and on.
So, I created a quick 1-page guide for spending the day in Raleigh, NC. It includes restaurants, parks, bars, and other attractions that I love in this city. Despite it being the best at pretty much everything, Raleigh isn’t really a destination for most people. However, if you find yourself in Raleigh, remember to download this guide to hit up some of my favorite downtown
Pin Me! Pin Me!